Music is a preeminent source of expression and one that adds a pleasing note to the film. It sets the tone to the narrative & makes it more engaging to the audience. Irrespective of the length of the film, a little melody can just make the film seem out of the ordinary.
A famous director once said, “It can’t be explained how important music or sound is, in setting up your story or film. If you can do it right, the whole film just falls into place”, and we couldn’t have agreed more! Contrary to how short films are perceived as being inferior, they actually carry the proficiency of reaching out to the masses on their personal screens. They not only come out with strong messages, more often than not they also acquit as a mode of entertainment.
For the ones still clueless about the sources available for music and scores, Indie Shorts Mag presents you with a list that might help revamp your short film and set it apart from the rest!
- Free Music Archive – http://freemusicarchive.org/
- Dig. cc mixter – http://dig.ccmixter.org/
- Partners in rhyme – https://www.partnersinrhyme.com/
- Beat Pick – http://www.beatpick.com/
- Musopen – https://musopen.org/
- Clip dealer – https://eu.clipdealer.com/
- Audio Blocks – https://www.audioblocks.com/
- Audio Micro – http://www.audiomicro.com/
- Dano songs – www.danosongs.com
- Luck Stock – https://luckstock.com/