The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that the field of Documentary Short Subject contenders for the 90th Academy Awards has been narrowed to 10 films, of which 5 will earn Oscar nominations.
Voters from the Academy’s Documentary Branch viewed this year’s 77 eligible entries and submitted their ballots to PricewaterhouseCoopers for tabulation.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- “Alone,” The New York Times
- “Edith+Eddie,” Heart is Red and Kartemquin Films
- “Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405,” Stiefel & Co.
- “Heroin(e),” A Netflix Original Documentary in association with The Center for Investigative Reporting, A Requisite Media Production
- “Kayayo – The Living Shopping Baskets,” Integral Film
- “Knife Skills,” TFL Films
- “116 Cameras,” Birdling Films
- “Ram Dass, Going Home,” Further Pictures
- “Ten Meter Tower,” Plattform Produktion
- “Traffic Stop,” Q-Ball Productions
Nominations for the 90th Academy Awards will be announced on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
The 90th Oscars will be held on Sunday, March 4, 2018, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT. The Oscars also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
Which documentaries would it make it to the nomination list? Let us know through the comments.
Leave a Reply