Write for Us
Since the dawn of 2015, Indie Shorts Mag has been helping filmmakers and cinephiles alike in their tryst with cinema. In our own way, we have made this happen with our well-thought-out articles, honest reviews, engaging tutorials and amazing news coverages from across the world befitting the standard of the cinema realm.
Over these years, we have also received hundreds of articles from you, some of which made it to the publishing. However, there were plenty that couldn’t make it to the desk, and we’d like to take the blame for it. There just weren’t any guidelines for you to follow, so you simply didn’t know the kind of content we were willing to consider. But, that ends today!
We are extremely proud and super excited to announce our Contributors Program!
- You should have a very strong grasp on the English language. Grammatical errors will not be pardoned! Use of unparliamentary language is non-permissible.
- Your article must be original. It will be run through our plagiarism checker and offenders will be blacklisted. Please note, blacklisters will not be given any access to our program(s) in future.
- If your article is accepted and published, you will not be allowed to republish it anywhere else, not even on your own personal blog for a duration of 90 days after it’s date of publishing. After the 90 days’ duration, you may re-publish the article with the following note. “This article was originally published on ism.wpmudev.host”.
- Before working on the full article, please pitch the concept to us. We do not want either of us to waste our time. Only proceed with completing the article after getting the green signal from us. In case of reviews, do send us the link to the film.
- If you are working on a news article make sure the topic is fresh. Kindly mention if it is time sensitive.
- Proofread your article before sending it to us. Let’s be respectful to each other’s time and standards. However, please bear in mind that our editors reserve the right to make minor changes if required to match our editorial style.
- Bonus! We understand, writing is an art in itself and requires nurture. We believe in encouraging budding/amateur/aspirational writers. Whilst you will be given complete creative liberty, our editors will monitor your work and provide a constructive guide to helping you improve upon your craft. If you’re serious about your writing, this could be your chance to honing your skills! You will be advised to incorporate and/or remove certain content as per the requirement of Indie Shorts Mag. So, please be open to constructive criticism and redrafting, if required.
- Finally! Every article/contribution made by you will carry your byline, the credit of which will solely be yours to cherish!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Contributor’s Program?
Indie Shorts Mag’s Contributor’s Program is an initiative by Indie Shorts Mag to involve film lovers and seekers like yourself to be a part of our journey. Here, we accept articles and reviews from you, our readers with a remuneration for our selected contributors!
What type of content is acceptable?
We accept anything which revolves around short films and documentaries. To make it clear, please find the list below.
- Short Films
- Film Festivals
- Short Film
- Short Film News
- Festival News
- Tutorials/Tips & Tricks
Are we missing something? If you feel so, please write to us about it using the form below and we might consider it! Your suggestions are highly valued.
What is the minimum word count?
- Listicles: Minimum 10 subheadings
- Review: 500 words
- Tutorials: 500 words
- News: 400 words
What is the pay?
We are still in the process of finalising the remuneration. As of now the decided pay per piece is mentioned below. However, please note, these figures are subject to change without long intimation.
- Listicle: ₹200 (Up to $3)
- Reviews: ₹150 (Up to $2.5)
- Tutorials: ₹200 (Up to $3)
- News: ₹150 (Up to $2.5)
This is not a fixed price. If we find your pitch/article to be really great we might pay you more. The above price is the minimum pay.
What is the payment period?
Payments will be made on the 15th of every month, once the article is published. However, if your article is published between 10th -15th of a month, your payment will be scheduled for the next month. For example, if your article is published on 13th June, your payment will be made on 15th July.
How often can you write for us?
We don’t have a limit on the number of articles you wish to submit. However, please note that, at Indie Shorts Mag, we value original and quality driven content above anything else. If your pitches are constantly rejected by our team, please take the hint!
When will the article be published?
This depends on the type of content you submit.
- News: Will be published immediately (within 12-16 hours). If your article is time sensitive, please ensure to highlight that while submitting.
- Non-news: Will be added to our editorial calendar; it will then be published on the soonest available date. You will be informed of the same.
My pitch was rejected, why?
We are committed to publishing quality articles on Indie Shorts Mag, so that might result in occasional rejection of pitches that don’t meet our guidelines or set standards. If your pitch doesn’t fit our reader’s interest, then it’s a dead end. A feedback will be provided upon request, for the same.